May 29th-June 1st
Third graders are taking the Math Sols this Tuesday. If you know a 3rd graders, please give them encouragement. Also, I am a back up tester. If a teacher is out, I may have to administer the test.
2.12-Write stories, letters, and simple explanation:
Argument & Opinion writing
Non-fiction & Fiction reading
2.9-read and demonstrate comprehension of nonfiction text
Some friends are not completing their reading assignment on a nightly basis It will be logged the same as last year, and the expectation is that students read 30 minutes. Also, please have them log in two steps and place your signature beside it. On a daily basis, we should have 4 steps. The time may be broken into intervals. PLEASE SIGN READING LOGS NIGHTLY
WE are working on our last research lab question, JOBS
Math: Geometry: multiplication
Science: plant resources
Do your know your power goal?
If you are not up to date on ST MATH, you need to complete at least 30 minutes daily at home. Thank you
Monday: 2 steps st math
Tuesday: 2 steps; st math
Wednesday: 2 steps- st math
Thursday: 2 steps- st math
Friday: 2 steps daily;
· May 22 – June 1 – SOL assessment days; abbreviated Resource schedule
· From the PTA
· Let the game begin! Join us in our last fundraiser of the year, The MineCraft Challenge. For every $5 donation, you will be entered into the grand prize drawing. One hundred percent of your donation is going directly to the school's needs. Please check your child's red folder for all the details, and watch for updates via Facebook or stop by the cafeteria to see our progress firsthand. Happy Crafting!
· May 31 – Volunteer Appreciation Day
· June 1 – Fancy-schmancy Friday – Encourage your students to wear their dressy best.
· June 5 – Tacky Tourist Tuesday – Break out your silliest
· June 12 – Field Day (no Resource classes)
· June 13 & 14 – Early dismissal days & no Resource classes
· June 14th- Our class awards day/party- party will be at 9:30
· June 18 – Teachers’ last day!
Thanks so much for all of your help this year!!!! You are truly rock stars like my students.